For legal information, use our search function, read content on our Legal Rights Wiki or download Publications.
For legal advice, call us if you are under 18 or a homeless youth under 25 in Ontario.
Phone: 416-920-1633 or toll free in Ontario: 1-866-999-JFCY (5329)
Intake hours (not avail on Weds)
- Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 9am – noon and 1 – 5pm (lunch closure).
- Summer addition (July & Aug): no intakes Fri afternoon.
What to expect when you call for legal advice:
- An intake worker will take down your contact information and brief details about your situation
- The intake worker will let you know when to expect a call back
- JFCY lawyers provide free summary legal advice over the phone; and additional brief services may be available for those who meet our low-income financial eligibility guidelines (we are part of Legal Aid Ontario’s poverty law clinics)
- Legal representation may be available for those who meet our eligibility guidelines