JFCY no longer provides the online “Ask a Lawyer” information service. Try using our search function, and looking on our Legal Rights Wiki or Publications page for the legal information that you seek.
Please call us for free legal advice if you are a young person under 18 or a homeless youth under 25 in Ontario.
Phone: 416-920-1633 or toll free in Ontario: 1-866-999-JFCY (5329)
- Sept – Jun: Mon – Fri, 9am – noon and 1 – 5pm (lunch closure).
- Jul – Aug: Mon to Thurs, 9am -noon and 1 – 5pm (lunch closure); and Fri from 9am – noon.
What to expect when you call for legal advice:
- An intake worker will take down your contact information and brief details about your situation
- The intake worker will let you know when to expect a call back
- JFCY lawyers provide free summary legal advice over the phone; and additional brief services may be available for those who meet our low-income financial eligibility guidelines (we are part of Legal Aid Ontario’s poverty law clinics)
- Legal representation may be available for those who meet our eligibility guidelines