The legal clinic Justice for Children and Youth is seeking two dynamic volunteers to join our Board of Directors.
Who we are:
Justice for Children and Youth is a child rights organization and a non-profit legal clinic. We provide select legal representation to low-income children and youth in Ontario. Our clients face conflicts with the legal system, education, social service, mental health systems and others. We give summary legal advice, information and assistance to young people, parents (in education matters), professionals and community groups across Ontario, providing community outreach and public legal education. In addition, we advocate for law and policy reform, and we engage in test case litigation child rights issues.
We are seeking potential Board members with expertise and skills in one or a combination of:
- Fundraising and Resource Development
- Marketing and Communications
- Commitment to our mission: to protect and advance the legal rights and dignity of children and youth in Canada
- Willingness to devote 5-7 hours per month for a three year term
- Attendance at monthly evening Board meetings (fourth Tuesday of every month)
- Participation in one or more Board committees
- Attendance at key events, such as the AGM, fundraising benefit and strategic planning sessions
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to Karien Gibson, JFCY’s Office Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 13, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Download this posting: JFCY Board Oct 2017