ON Toll Free: 1-866-999-JFCY (5329)
Intake Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-12pm and 1- 5pm (lunch closure).
What to expect when you call for legal advice:
- An intake worker will take down your contact information and brief details about your situation and let you know when to expect a call back from a lawyer.
- The intake worker will also ask you some additional questions for research purposes – your response does not impact the services provided to you and we would not share any information that would identify you. You do not have to answer these questions.
- JFCY lawyers provide up to 30 minutes free summary legal advice over the phone.
- Additional brief services and legal representation may be available for those who meet our eligibility guidelines. We are part of Legal Aid Ontario’s poverty law clinics.
- JFCY does not provide services for civil lawsuits; and generally not on family law matters (the OCL provides these services).
The general inbox is checked at least once every two weeks; call if your inquiry is for legal advice or more urgent. We will not respond to requests for legal advice about a specific situation over e-mail and you must call and speak to our intake worker.
Address (currently no walk-in services available)
Justice for Children and Youth
Canadian Foundation for Children, Youth and the Law
55 University Ave, 15th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 2H7