ON Toll Free: 1-866-999-JFCY (5329)
Intake Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-12pm and 1- 5pm (lunch closure).
What to expect when you call for legal advice:
- An intake worker will take down your contact information and brief details about your situation and let you know when to expect a call back from a lawyer.
- The intake worker will also ask you some additional questions for research purposes – your response does not impact the services provided to you and we would not share any information that would identify you. You do not have to answer these questions.
- JFCY lawyers provide up to 30 minutes free summary legal advice over the phone.
- Additional brief services and legal representation may be available for those who meet our eligibility guidelines. We are part of Legal Aid Ontario’s poverty law clinics.
- JFCY does not provide services for civil lawsuits; and generally not on family law matters (the OCL provides these services).
The general inbox is checked at least once every two weeks; call if your inquiry is for legal advice or more urgent. We will not respond to requests for legal advice about a specific situation over e-mail and you must call and speak to our intake worker.
Justice for Children and Youth
Canadian Foundation for Children, Youth and the Law
55 University Ave, 15th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 2H7