All of our services are available by phone and other technology during this time when our physical office is closed. If you are an existing client or you are looking or services for the first time, please call us at 416-920-1633 or toll free at 1866-999-5329 (JFCY). Please be patient as our service standards may be impacted in our remote work environment. Click on the link above for more details and links to other resources.
Justice for Children and Youth
Canadian Foundation for Children, Youth and the Law
55 University Ave, 15th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 2H7
Ontario Toll Free: 1-866-999-JFCY (5329)
- Monday – Friday: 9am-noon and 1- 5pm (lunch closure).
- Summer addition (July & Aug): no intakes Fri afternoon.
What to expect when you call for legal advice:
- An intake worker will take down your contact information and brief details about your situation and let you know when to expect a call back from a lawyer.
- The intake worker will also ask you some additional questions for research purposes – does not impact the services provided to you and we would not share any information that would identify you. You do not have to answer these questions.
- JFCY lawyers provide up to 30 minutes free summary legal advice over the phone.
- Additional brief services and legal representation may be available for those who meet our eligibility guidelines. We are part of Legal Aid Ontario’s poverty law clinics.
- JFCY does not provide services for civil lawsuits; and generally not in family court matters (the OCL provides these services).
The general inbox is checked at least once every two weeks; call if your inquiry is for legal advice or more urgent. We will not respond to requests for legal advice about a specific situation over e-mail and you must call and speak to our intake worker.