All of JFCY’s services are available by phone and other technology during this time when our physical office is closed. If you are an existing client or you are looking for services for the first time, please call us at 416-920-1633 or toll free at 1-866-999-5329 (JFCY). Please be patient as our service standards may be impacted in our remote work environment.
Children and people experiencing homelessness are very vulnerable while programs/services are closed and while physical isolation is required. Please reach out to children and young people that you know – by telephone, social media, even email – to try and prevent the most negative impacts of isolation.
JFCY Legal Wiki and publications
- JFCY will be regularly updating our Legal Rights Wiki with COVID-19 related information, plus adding materials here. The law is changing quickly – call us if you have any questions.
- What’s happening in the Ontario Courts
COVID-19 legal information from Legal Aid Ontario funded legal clinics – includes updates on Housing and Evictions, Social Assistance, CERB, Workers Rights, Immigration & Refugee, Justice Sector closures. Check back for updates as additional content is being added regularly:
- Steps to Justice
- Neighbourhood Legal Services
- Responding to Hate Guide and List of Organizations for Support;
and to make a report of anti-Asian racism.
Other Information and Resources – always use credible sources.
- General health information: World Health Organization and Canada Public Health.
- UN Committee on the Rights of the Child’s Statement warns of the grave physical, emotional and psychological effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on children and calls on States to protect the rights of children.
- Canadian Coalition for the Rights of Children’s latest newsletter: School Re-opening: Children at the Center, July 20, 2020