Justice for Children and Youth
Canadian Foundation for Children, Youth and the Law
55 University Ave, 15th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 2H7
Ontario Toll Free: 1-866-999-JFCY (5329)
Intake hours (no intakes on Wed):
- Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 9am – noon and 1- 5pm (lunch closure).
- Summer addition (July & Aug): no intakes Fri afternoon.
What to expect when you call for legal advice:
- An intake worker will take down your contact information and brief details about your situation and let you know when to expect a call back from a lawyer.
- The intake worker will also ask you some additional questions for research purposes – does not impact the services provided to you and we would not share any information that would identify you. You do not have to answer these questions.
- JFCY lawyers provide free summary legal advice over the phone; and additional brief services may be available for those who meet our low-income financial eligibility guidelines (we are part of Legal Aid Ontario’s poverty law clinics).
- Legal representation may be available for those who meet our eligibility guidelines.
- JFCY does not provide services for civil lawsuits; and generally not in family court matters (the OCL provides these services).
The general inbox is checked at least once every two weeks; call if your inquiry is more urgent. We will not respond to requests for legal advice over e-mail. You must call us.